Paternity Matter – When parties are not married to each other and have a child and they have not completed a paternity affidavit, a petition to establish paternity can be filed in court to determine the paternity of the child. Within the paternity case, the paternity of the child, child support, residential schedule for the parents with the child, and other related issues can be addressed.